CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Little More About Me...

My foster mom promises new pictures of me ASAP. She has a bunch to download.

Now that I've been here a while she has learned a lot about me. I know the basics, sit, stay, and to go outside, no accidents since I've been here. I know my name is Cricket Q. I am very cuddly and would prefer to be in someones lap.

I am a very sensitive girl, my feelings get hurt very easy. I don't like raised or very loud voices. I tend to cower and shake, they make me very nervous. I don't even like when the other dogs here get scolded, which isn't often, but that really scares me too.

Tonight when one was scolded I ran and hid, my foster mom couldn't find me, she finally found me in a room by myself shaking.

But I am also a very happy girl. I love to get attention. I like when my foster family pets me, it takes me a little while to warm up to strangers. I don't snarl or growl, but I do tend to stay in the background until I am sure they are OK. I met the neighbor 3x before I would let her pet me.

I am always play-bowing one of the dogs here, or even my foster mom for that matter. My tail never stops wagging. I am very playful. My foster mom said Cricket was the prefect name for me, I bounce and hop around her backyard.

I am crate trained, its not my favorite place to be, but I'm quite when I'm in my crate. At night since I proved I'm such a good girl, I have gotten into or chewed on anything here I sleep on the floor in her room. I like to cuddle with her Weim.

Last night I was having a nice dream (I was wagging my tail while sleeping) and I heard a dog bark on TV. I jumped up and barked at the TV, I even raised my fur. That will teach those dogs to interrupt my sleep!

So that is my update for now. I am feeling much better. I was taking my medicine when I first got here, I gave foster mom a run for her money. I don't like peanut butter, which she said was a first for her. So after that I didn't have to take my medicine anymore. Now I get yogurt, sardines and broth and...HEY! Wait a minute here! Do you think she is hiding my medicine in there??!! How sneaky of her!

Check back soon. I go for my heartworm treatment in a a couple weeks. I am also being treated for Rocky Mt. Spotted Fever. I thought only you humans could get that, but I have a very low positive, probably just exposure to it.

Happy Tail Wagging Dreams,

Cricket Q. Foster-Dog

0 comments: