CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Heartworm Treatment and Ticks...

e

Thank you for coming back and checking on my progress.


My foster mom said I am having my Heartworm treatment next week. I don't know about this, it doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Please keep your dogs on Heartworm preventative so they don't have to get treated!


I finished my cycle on antibiotics which were for the microfleria with the Heartworm and I tested boarder line positive for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I thought only humans could get that! My foster mom tells me I'll be as good as new in about a month.


But their is good news, I'm starting to come around and I'm more trusting, still a little apprehensive at times. I'm very wiggly!! My tail and behind never stop moving when I want to play, which is A LOT. I enjoy sunning myself on the back deck with the others here.


I'm eating very well. That sneaky foster mom decided to hide my medicine in some cottage cheese this week and today, my last of my medicine, was in plain yogurt. YUM!!! I love it!


Oh, and I tried raw chicken wings last week, couldn't get enough of those. They are so good!


Check out the rest of the dogs that need fur-ever homes too. Also IBR is listing dogs that are Urgent in shelters around the country. If you would like to sponsor a dog and their vetting please contact Lisa. Her number is listed on all the Petfinder Pages.


IBR doesn't turn away sick or injured dogs. When my foster mom received the call I was Heartworm Positive the shelter asked if I could still come into IBR without a hesitation she said yes.


If you would like to foster please fill out a foster home application and the foster homes coordinator will get in touch with you.


If your house is full IBR can always use donations either monitary* or for vetting and supplies. Our transport coordinator needs drivers for transports too. We have foster homes in 8 states. Can you believe it! I was shocked when my foster mom told me that! And dogs have been adopted all over the country too!


Thank you for checking in. Time for my morning nap in the sun.


XOXO,

Cricket Q Foster-Pooch
*All donations are tax deductible as we are a 501C3 charity.

0 comments: